Join Our Team - Now Taking Applications
The Big Lake Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Patrol Officer – Full Time. Our Patrol Officers work a 12-hour shift which encompasses a 5-day weekend off, every 2 weeks. Officers bid their shifts for a year at a time based upon seniority. The Big Lake Police Department currently has a staff of 15 full-time staff including;
- Chief of Police
- 2 - Sergeants
- 2 - Investigators
- 8 - Patrol Officers
- Office Manager
- Administrative Assistant
We provide 24-hour service to our 12,000+ residents and work closely with the Elk River and Becker Police Departments, as well as the Sherburne County Sheriff’s Department. The Big Lake Police Department is an active department, responding to over 15,000 calls for service in 2020. Our department prides itself on modern technology, equipment, and ample training opportunities for our officers. The members of the Big Lake Police Department are a self-driven, highly motivated team of professionals who strive to provide exceptional public safety services to the residents and visitors of our community.
The members of the Big Lake Police Department proudly serve our unique and picturesque community located on U.S. Highway 10 between the metro areas of Minneapolis / St. Paul and St. Cloud. The City of Big Lake is currently comprised of an area 12 square miles encompassing four lakes including the recreational lakes of Big Lake and Lake Mitchell. Also located within the City of Big Lake is the Northstar Metro Commuter Line providing direct access to Minneapolis / St. Paul. Other outdoor recreational amenities of our community include; over 20 miles of bike trails, snowmobile ATV trails, and 19 City Parks. The City of Big Lake is a rapidly growing community, seated in Sherburne County, one of the metro’s fastest growing counties.
Sam Olson – Acting Chief of Police
- Cover Letter
- Police Officer Supplemental Question
- Veterans Preference Application (if applicable) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Step 1: Application materials due no later than Monday, June 27, 2022 at 8 a.m.
- Step 2: Scoring Committee will rate each application and assign a score.
- Step 3: Oral Interview Panel will occur on Monday, July 11, 2022 from 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Step 4: Chief's Interview for selected candidate(s): On our about Tuesday, July 12, 2022
- Step 5: Contingent Offer of Employment: On or about Tuesday, July 12, 2022
- Step 6: Background, Medical, Psychological.