Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Parks Advisory Committee Opening
The City of Big Lake has TWO (2) vacancies on the Parks Advisory Committee.
The Parks Committee meets on the second Monday of each month at 7pm and serves in the following capacities:
1. As a liaison between city government and the community;
2. As a resource for new and existing neighborhoods, groups, and civic organizations seeking information concerning the Big Lake park system;
3. Assist city government in setting open space, land acquisition and development policies;
4. As a body to make recommendations to the City Council relating to specific parks, trails/sidewalks, and open space development; and
5. Assist City Council in researching a variety of funding sources for the Capital Improvement Program and related park development.
Any City resident interested in serving on the Parks Advisory Committee may apply to City Hall by a letter addressed to the City of Big Lake. Please describe your reason(s) for applying as well as your employment and/or educational background which may be relevant to the position. Letters of Application should be mailed to or dropped off at Big Lake City Hall. Applications will be accepted until the vacancy is filled.
Big Lake City Hall
160 Lake Street North
Big Lake, MN 55309
Attn: Mike Goebel, Public Works Director