Parks Advisory Committee
- 6:30 p.m.
- 4th Monday of every month
- Council Chamber
Big Lake City Hall
160 Lake Street North
Big Lake MN 55309
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Parks Committee Opening
- Denise McDowall-Seyko, Chair
- Doug Peterson, Vice-chair
- Laura Talvitie
- Shane Fisher
- Jason Brevig
- Scott Zettervall, Council Liaison
- Scott Marotz, Planning Commission Liaison
The Big Lake PAC was created by Ordinance Number 2002-03, an act of the Big Lake City Council to:
- Serve as a liaison between city government and the community
- Serve as a resource for new and existing neighborhoods, groups, and civic organizations seeking information concerning the Big Lake park system
- To assist city government in setting open space, land acquisition and development policies
- To serve as a body to make recommendations to the City Council relating to specific parks, trails / sidewalks, and open space development
- To assist City Council in researching a variety of funding sources for the Capital Improvement Program and related park development.
Help the Committee
The Big Lake Police Department (BLPD) is seeking your assistance. If you see anyone committing a crime in City parks, other City-owned property or private property for that matter, please report it immediately by calling 911. If your crime-related tip is not urgent, please submit your tip to Crime Stoppers, which is an online confidential tip information system. Crime Stoppers offers rewards on behalf of the Big Lake Police Department.
The Big Lake Crime Prevention Fund is offering up to a $500 reward for information leading to the apprehension and conviction of person(s) responsible for the graffiti and damage to property in the City of Big Lake's Parks System.