Lake Mitchell Boat Launch
Access Application and Payment Instructions
Click Here for the Lake Mitchell Boat Launch Access Application. After the application is filled out, you can either:
- Email to Julie Rathmanner or Sandy Petrowski and pay online by clicking the "make a payment" button at bottom of page;
- Mail to City Hall: 160 Lake St N, Big Lake, MN 55309, and pay by sending a check or money order with application;
- Or bring to City Hall during regular office hours.
Access Key and Boat Sticker
- Pickup key and boat sticker at City Hall
- Security key and boat sticker: $20
- Each key is numbered and shall not be duplicated. The key is non-transferrable.
- Boat sticker is to be permanently attached to the front left of the boat hull near the registration numbers.
- Boat sticker is specific to a registered boat.
- Replacement security key: $40
- Replacement sticker: no charge
- Replacement sticker requires portion of the old sticker brought into City Hall to ensure not remaining on an unauthorized boat.
Rules & Regulations
Restricted Access Use
- This is a City owned boat launch and available only to City of Big Lake residents. The launch is monitored using the I-LIDS viewing system which identifies boats.
- If a resident moves outside the City, they are no longer allowed to use this access. They are requested to return the key to City Hall.
Unlock and Lock Gate
- Authorized users shall chain and lock the gate immediately after using the launch to load or unload.
- The gate is to remain locked at all times except when authorized users are launching/loading.
- Authorized users shall only launch their boat with access sticker adhered to boat.
- If gate is found to be unchained or unlocked, please report to Public Works (763-263-2268).
- Streets in general area do not allow on-street parking.
- Report maintenance issues or concerns to Public Works (763-263-2268).
- Be courteous to others.